BARKLEY OVERHEAD CRANE
BCI teamed up with Reel COH to refurbish the overhead bridge crane at the Barkley Power House at Barkley Lake, KY.
The project consisted of:
- Design, fabrication, and installation of new trolleys
- Replacement of cab, controls, lights, control wiring, and power wiring
- Replacement of bridge drive motor, gearbox, and brake
- Replacement of crane electrification system
- Inspection and service of remaining components and systems
- Recertification to the original 275-ton rating via acceptance and load testing
BCI completed all mechanical and structural upgrades to the crane and Weeke Sales and Service completed the installation of the electrical and controls work. Reel COH provided the new trolleys along with all other electrical and mechanical components for installation on site.
Barkley Dam, Lyon County, Kentucky